Saturday, October 23, 2010

Early Risers by Southern California Artist, Marian Fortunati

Early Risers
© Marian Fortunati
12" x 9" Oil on RayMar Linen Panel

Jury Duty
Okay... So I've done this civic duty for the next twelve months.   So many friends have told me that they have actually served on a jury, but each time I have jury duty I usually sit all day in the jury waiting room like I did yesterday and never get sent in to be on a panel.  A couple of times in past years I was sent in with a group to be interviewed by the lawyers to see if they wanted me in the jury... but each time I was excused or rejected.

I can't say whether I was relieved or disappointed.  

Either way it did make it easier for me and the family with all we have to do. 

Painting
I wanted to capture another island dawn and another sailboat.  It was amazing how the light from the rising sun caste such a beautiful reddish glow against the rocky face of San Miguel.  These sailors were weighing anchor and ready to begin their sail away with the sunshine reflecting off of their sleek white boat.

As with most of these paintings in the Channel Islands, I am painting rocks...  Once a subject I tried to avoid, I am not doing it regularly.  There is almost a monochromatic look to this painting but really the sun did create that orange red look.

CLICK THIS LINK for details and more information on how to purchase this lovely small painting.

No comments:

LinkWithin