Friday, December 23, 2011

Sea Arch - A Plein Air View off the Coast of Santa Cruz Island by Marian Fortunati



Sea Arch
© Marian Fortunati
10"x8" Oil On RayMar Panel


 
Click on the link above for
additional details

 
Twenty-seven painters and adventurers were aboard the Conception last September.   Each of us was having a wonderful experience that I doubt any of us will forget.

We pulled up to the beautiful Arch Rock off of Santa Cruz Island.   It is an absolutely GORGEOUS area!   Last year after returning from the Channel Islands trip, I painted a nice large painting of Arch Rock which I titled



   
   Photo of critique session courtesy of
Dorene White

This time when I arrived at Arch Rock, I decided to paint the arch NEXT to Arch Rock.   Most of the other painters did lovely paintings of Arch Rock.

On the way home, David Gallup, who was leading this adventure, took some time and critiqued most of our work.   I enjoyed hearing about how my work and that of others can be made better.   This 9x12 inch plein air was one of David Gallup's favorites during our critique session.  He liked the composition.  I guess we all have our favorites among our own work but we sure can learn from other's opinions too.

Comment on or Share this Article >>

No comments:

LinkWithin