Sunday, January 8, 2012

Small Format Jungle Animal Paintings by Marian Fortunati





Give Us A Kiss

© Marian Fortunati
4"x6" Oil on Hardboard
I finished up the paintings I was working on for shows and now am free to work on the paintings my daughter asked for.

I was kind of flattered that she asked me to create party favors for her upcoming baby shower.  My daughter, Francesca, is due with her first child in March.   I'm looking forward to the new little fellow's arrival and wanted to help her out with a shower.  However, she lives in Santa Barbara and she didn't want to have a shower in my neck of the woods so she's arranging it all and basically has assigned me and her mother-in-law tasks to help out.   She thought that little paintings of "jungle" animals might make cute favors.  So here I am painting away.  If nothing else, I'm getting a lot of practice in.


Come On Dad!

© Marian Fortunati
5"x7" Oil on Hardboard

My husband cut up a big masonite board into small sizes and I'm tackling the paintings.   She thinks there will be 25 guests.   I started on January 1st with the intent of painting one a day until I have enough.  Life and many events have happened and I am now behind.  But I will catch up. 

It is sort of fun trying to paint these as I'm not too concerned about making fabulous art... just in creating a cute little something for the shower.  

I will continue to post the little paintings as I finish them.   Hopefully, they will all be done in time for the shower!!

In the meantime, Happy New Year!

Comment on or Share this Article

No comments:

LinkWithin