Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking back, looking forward - a plein air painting by Lynne Cunningham



"Crystal Creek Falls", oil on canvas
16" x 12", painted en plein air

available  $300.
contact me      H E R E 

Happy New Year!  Looking forward to 2014, and looking back in retrospect at the moment!

My painting is one I painted en plein air, on location during one of my stays as artist-in-residence with the National Parks Service in Shasta County, California at Whiskeytown Lake . . .and this was a few years back, in 2007.  Really enjoyable to remember that time.

In the spirit of looking forward and planning ahead, I've expanded on a post on my blog about the experience of plein air ("fresh air") painting, and you'll find it useful if you want to explore that. For the artists that read this Daily Painters blog, the information found through the link below could be useful in saving time and $$.  My post finishes with an article that expands on the topic, gives tips and hints for plein air painting, guidance on what easel a beginner may want to start with, or information when wanting an upgrade,  and evaluations on easels that are the best value for your budget!  I've painted en plein air for my lifetime, first in southern California in watercolor while with my family on outdoor adventures, then in conte sticks while attending college, adding oil, acrylic and gouache painting beginning in 2003 and continuing until now, for ten years!

Oil, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, oil pastel, and drawing in charcoal are my current mediums and I provide information on what easels are best for your medium, and your style.

my plein air painting spot at the base of Crystal Creek Falls ~
the painting on the easel is in the beginning stages

leading a plein air workshop during my stay as artist-in-residence





my website:  click here

No comments:

LinkWithin