Monday, January 6, 2014

View from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, by Lynne Cunningham


"Return to the North Rim"

9" x 12", oil on archival panel

$175.    contact here

this painting available unframed; 
free shipping within the U.S.A.;
California sales tax additional

Here's one from some recent archives!  We spent time on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, returning home after a month long stay in Wyoming  - and wanted to get back to one of our favorite spots in the southwest, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  I returned to a favorite painting spot with a spectacular North Rim view of the colors, redrock formations and distant vistas of mesa and sky .

Plein air painting is a passion !  During this trip I was coming home from a month as artist-in-residence in a wilderness area in Wyoming ; I've brought my paintbox with me on all of my travels throughout the U.S. in past summer trips.  Want to also indulge yourself and have questions about getting started,  what easels to purchase for a beginner?  Or what easel is best for oil, acrylics, or watercolor?  In this link is a post to my blog, with advice and guidance in PDF form in a 13 pg. article.  Photos, painting tips, an in-depth easel review are included for plein air painting and traveling with paints by car or by air.


No comments:

LinkWithin