Wednesday, April 27, 2016

HOW I CHOOSE WHAT TO PAINT by TOM BROWN

A newspaper editor writing a feature story about me asked the other day how I choose what to paint. Many things can influence my choice. The colors within a scene like this for example. And the sense of drama because of the scale (the sprawling mountains contrasted with the palm trees in the foreground). Or it might be a mood, or a sense of mystery or story suggested by the subject. Or it could simply be something pretty that catches my eye. When that happens I go for it. In fact some pictures almost paint themselves; I just grab the brush and go along for the ride. That's what happened here and it was great fun. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed painting it. If you have questions or comments I’d love to hear from you. Email me here: tombrownstudio@cox.net

CLICK HERE for the painting shown below.

No comments:

LinkWithin