Monday, June 20, 2016

CAPTURING THE MOMENT IN PLEIN AIR by TOM BROWN

Click HERE for this 5x7 Plein Air oil painting.
Nothing captures the moment like a painting done outdoors on the spot, working directly from Nature's inspiration. That is called "Plein Air" painting, which is French for "done in the open air." Sometimes I want to do a field study like this on the spur of the moment.
     Often there isn't a place to sit down. So I've devised the hands-free sketch kit shown in the photo below, which I can use even when standing. The beauty of this kit is that I don't need an easel to set it up; I can use it standing in a field if I want to.
     And it's small enough to carry anywhere; it even has a handy shoulder-strap, and all my gear is packed inside: paints, brushes, wet palette, even my freshly-painted masterpiece!
     It was great fun painting this one, and I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed creating it. Thanks for looking.
Also check out my downloadable eBook Painting Tutorials
And my VideoTutorials
Questions?
Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

LinkWithin