Saturday, June 18, 2016

FIGURE STUDY, MAN ASLEEP AT AIRPORT by TOM BROWN

CLICKHERE for this painting
"AIRPORT MOMENT"
This is a 6x4 Inch Original Oil Painting on Bristol card.

     This colorful sketch of a man waiting at the airport was done with genuine oil paints on Bristol card stock. I had some time to kill and began doing small studies of people around me.
     I truly enjoy getting out and sketching people in public places, usually when they are completely unaware that they're being sketched or painted.
     To do this I carry the pocket-sized sketching & painting kit shown below. I call it my "stealth kit" because my kit is so small that nobody notices me using it and people are unaware of what I'm doing.
     It does take confidence to draw and paint like this on location, but with practice anyone can do it. And it's great fun. Anyway, I was very pleased with this one and hope you like it as much as I enjoyed painting it. I’d love to hear from you if you have any questions or comments. Email me here: tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

LinkWithin