Thursday, August 4, 2016

$1 Auction, A PAINTING WITH A STORY by TOM BROWN

$1 Auction, CLICK HERE to bid. This is an Original Oil Painting that was painted directly on a page from the daily newspaper.
     I’ve done several of these recently, where I do an oil painting right on top of the printed newspaper page. They look really interesting, and it’s always fun to see the connection between the painting and the text on the page of that day’s newspaper.
     Apparently I’m not the only one who sees the charm in these unusual pieces; the response has been very enthusiastic. These paintings are real conversation-starters. And they look great!
     Oh, I can already hear the art critics screaming about archival quality and permanence. Well, I can't guarantee its permanence, but I think it's a fun, delightful little piece so I put it up for a ONE-DOLLAR auction. Some kindred soul (maybe YOU?) may feel the same as I do about it and want it.
     I haven't cut up the page it's painted on; I'll send the whole page if you win the auction. CLICK HERE to bid. Enjoy!  And if you have any questions or comments you can email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

LinkWithin