Tuesday, September 20, 2016

$1 AUCTION, AIRSTREAM CAMPER 12x6 ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN


CLICK HERE for this Original 12x6-inch Oil Painting.
     I keep a painting kit in my car for opportunities just like this. We were leaving a local shopping mall when I spotted this beautiful Airstream camper in the parking lot.
     I had a 12x6-inch panel of Bristol board with me and knew it would be perfect for this subject. I began with a quick but careful pencil guide on my panel (shown below).
     Then I also snapped a photo of the camper in case they left before I finished my painting. Fortunately they stayed there while I worked, but the light changed dramatically. I couldn't resist putting in the beautiful hues that began to wash across the sky.
     As the light shifted it sparkled off the camper so brilliantly it was nearly blinding. And that intense glare of light became the focal point of my painting.
     I am showing a photo of my starting sketch and the photo of the camper here for comparison with my interpretation of the scene.
     I was quite pleased with how it turned out and I've decided to offer it on eBay with a ONE DOLLAR starting bid. You really can't go wrong with that, so if you like it you might want to place a minimum bid on it right now.
     Questions or comments?
Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net
Good paintings at good prices for good people.  

No comments:

LinkWithin