Monday, October 2, 2017

When I am Traveling with Artist Cecelia Catherine Rappaport

When I am traveling, I notice that people are going about their daily lives, whether I am there or not. I really get that I am a spoke in the wheel of life!!! The question becomes what if I had not seen this place?

 You know there are others who actually thought to come to this place before me. Why did they choose this place and not Boston or Texas or??? I remember specifically a time when I was younger. It was a humid hot night in Beaumont, Texas....a central fan operated from somewhere in the internal part of the house and it hummed persistently while drawing a warm breeze through each window.

 I laid there listening to the crickets rubbing their wings together in unison to create that consistent loud chirp . Nine years old and right before I was drifting off to sleep, I begin thinking about what others might be doing at that very moment.

 Moving, laughing, having fun in New York City? It was so hot out. Why NYC? There was so much going on in the world and would I ever know about or experience it? So young and I was already ready to move & explore.
















St.Catherine's Palace in St.Petersburg, Russia












The Peterhof in St.Petersburg, Russia


Whenever I arrive at a new place, I marvel to myself that if I weren't there, I would not see the woman strolling her baby, or those riding their bikes. I would not be experiencing the moment in this new place. I begin creating this scenario of what would it be like if I lived there....what do I like about the weather, the food, the people, the history, historical sights, things to do. Curious, growing, learning.

Then, with the flick of a switch, I am wondering what's happening back home in Boston and Manhattan Beach!!!














Manhattan Beach at sunset














Boston Garden in Spring 

Here's wishing you new territories to explore wherever you may be!!!!!
Have a great day!

View Cecelia's work at https://ceceliacatherinerappaportcontemporaryart.com

No comments:

LinkWithin