Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Walk Among The Sycamores by Southern California Artist Marian Fortunati

Canyon Sycamores by Marian Fortunati
Canyon Sycamores
© Marian Fortunati
5" x 7" Oil on RayMar Panel



Caballero Canyon is within walking distance from my home.   On Monday I had been out painting and scouting urban locations on the other side of the valley.  When I returned home, I just wanted to go out and see the colors of the canyon, so I walked down ... way down.   It was a wonderful walk.  The air was fresh and the sun was warm.  There are so many things to enjoy and remember each time I walk down into the canyon.  Certain smells ... certain turns of the path -- even the owl pellets and the coyote dung --  these are wonderful reminders of how close I live to a more natural world. 

The sycamore leaves are crisp and golden.  Many have fallen and cover the ground in amber color.  The sunlight which hit the top of  this stand of sycamores deep in the canyon just took my breath away.   I love Caballero Canyon and I love living so close to so much beauty!

I hope you will enjoy my little interpretation of the scene.   I just loved the colors and may make a larger version of this small study.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin