Saturday, April 2, 2011

Where Do You Like To Play? by Southern California Artist Marian Fortunati

This weekend I am totally immersed in art and am totally innervated by it all. 

California Art Club Gold Medal Exhibition
Last night was exhilarating and exhausting at the same time.   I was volunteering at the California Art Club Gold Medal Show's Collector Circle Dinner.  I've helped out at the show for a couple of years now and have always enjoyed it.  It allows me a chance to really look at all the art, chat with collectors, dignitaries and artists and just have a great time.  There were so many gorgeous pieces of art exhibited that I was in a swirl of happiness.   I acted as a hostess, a sherpa (lugging goodie bags, filling goodie bags, etc) and a salesperson.   I'm happy to say I was able to help some fabulous art find new homes with happy collectors.  It was thrilling!

This is the Celebration of the California Art Club's 100th Anniversary so it was an even more special event than usual.  The dinner and music were pleasant, many collectors were thrilled with new purchases and there seemed to be a whole lot of networking going on.  Everything about the night was an artist's dream.   (Except perhaps my sore legs at the end of the evening.)  To see images of the work exhibited, you can click on this link.   100th Annual California Art Club Gold Medal Juried Exhibition   I know I have my favorites.  Which ones are yours?

Opening Night at La Galeria Gitana
Tonight (Saturday, April 2) is the opening reception for my latest exhibit at La Galeria Gitana.   This is a group show and I'm very excited to again be included with a group of other wonderful artists.  The theme is a fun one.  It was easy to paint for this show because most of us paint the beautiful places we visit on weekends and other getaways.

           
 Matador
   
A Sunny Day At
Hendry's Dog Beach
 Farewell Anacapa















Favorite Weekend Getaways - Where LA Goes To Play
I'm already looking forward to this show.  I know many of the other artists and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretations of THEIR favorite places.  I've invited many friends and I'm hoping to get to see some whom I don't usually get to chat with.  Maybe you would enjoy visiting too. 

The receptions are always lots of fun but the show will hang until June 18th, so if you can't see it tonight, try to come by another time. 
La Galeria Gitana
120 N. Maclay St. Suite E (behind Stone Cold Creamery)
San Fernando, CA
91340
(818) 898-7700
www.galeriagitana.com

Gallery Hours:   Noon - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Saturday

Newspaper Article
Also very thrilling for me was a wonderful write up in the Examiner.  I was the featured artist.   The writer interviewed me as I was driving home (using my built-in hands-free connection) from a visit to my daughter in Santa Barbara.   She made beautiful sense of my dialogue and wrote a very nice article.  

If you'd like to read it click on this link:    EXAMINER ARTICLE (by Christine Zeiger) ABOUT WEEKEND GETAWAYS  (AND ME!)



No comments:

LinkWithin