Thursday, June 2, 2011

Evening in San Pedro, Memorial Day 2011

It's been a while since I just went out and painted for me. Most of my landscape classes I teach almost always involve trees and building which I enjoy but this subject matter is a little more challenging. So on Memorial Day I thought why not travel over to San Pedro to see what things I could find to paint. I started this painting around 5pm and the light was good. As time went on the light and the color really got exciting. My goal in painting is to have a focus and to try to balance the other areas that are not my focus as peripheral vision. I try to remember to let the viewer participate and not try to explain everything. This painting is a 11"x 14".

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

Beautiful, Gary... Maybe you should paint for YOU all of the time!!!

LinkWithin