Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Poppy Path - California Landscape by Marian Fortunati



Poppy Path
© Marian Fortunati
14" x 18" Oil on RayMar Panel


                             

Okay...  So I just spent an inordinate amount of time setting up a Facebook Business Page.   I had avoided this in the past because I just didn't want to spend my time that way.  However, my friend, Leslie Saeta, and her great blogtalk partner, Dreama Tolle Perry, did a blogtalk show about it last week and it sounded like a great idea.  They always have interesting things to share.

Now mind you, I DO like to fool around with the computer and to figure out how to do things.....   BUT.....  now that I've spent the entire day working on this...  (I even set up a little store there too...... check it out ), I'm not sure it was worth the time... other than to say that I did it.

So if you use Facebook, would you do me a favor and make me feel better about my use of time by "liking" this page?


(Oh... and tell your facebook friends about it too, please.)

I keep on trying to do the "marketing thing".  Although marketing is important, I spend most of my "painting" time actually painting.   I find it far more satisfying, so I should probably stop trying to place my work in new venues, or to try new marketing ploys and just stick to what I enjoy most - painting. 

Here is one of the most recent paintings that I've finished - (Poppy Path).   I just love fields of flowers and so I tried to capture the "fluffy" feeling of fields of grasses and flowers that I saw in this scene.  Hope you LIKE it!!

Comment on or Share this Article >>

No comments:

LinkWithin