Friday, June 17, 2011

Sundown In The BVI - a Sunset Sailboat Seascape by Marian Fortunati




Sundown In The BVI
© Marian Fortunati
6"x8" Oil On RayMar Canvas
$100





Several years ago my daughter and I spent an idyllic week on a 50 foot sailboat in the British Virgin Islands (known as the BVI).  There were three sailboats in the group each with about 10 people aboard.  We had an amazing time and saw some of the world's most beautiful scenery.   Sunrises, sunsets, beautiful unpopulated Caribbean beaches, clear blue skies, skies filled with huge cloud formations and famous vacation resorts.  We laughed, we sailed, we snorkeled (or scuba dived), we swam, hiked, ate wonderful meals and we had an altogether unforgettable time.   It was an amazing adventure!

I recently realized, however, as I was looking through my photos of the trip, that I now take a different type of photo than I did before I began painting in earnest. 

No matter, I decided to have a bit of fun painting this little scene.  I used a combination of palette knife and brushes.  So here's the question:   When I'm thinking about what to paint......  when I'm playing with paint just to pass the time... is it really painting?   Is playtime paint time???

Comment on or Share this Article >>

No comments:

LinkWithin