Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ulupalakua View, Maui by Janet Bludau



Ulupalakua View, Maui
6" x 6"
Oil on Board
$75 Unframed plus shipping

I was fortunate to live on the beautiful island of Maui years ago.  My home was in the rural town of Kula which is referred to as "Upcountry."  Also upcountry is the 20,000 plus acres of Ulupalakua Ranch, which sits on the southwestern slopes of the Haleakala volcano.  The ranch, owned by the Erdman family, runs cows, elk, sheep, operates the Tedeschi Winery, and that is just the tip of their involvement on the island.  A wonderful sculpture artist, Reemes Mitchell, who is no longer living, was a friend of mine and lived in a beautiful, restored cabin on the ranch.  This painting was created from a photo I took while sitting on his lanai years ago.   It truly is one of the most beautiful spots I have ever seen.  The beach below is Makena.  I hope to create a larger painting of this same view.

Ulupalakua View looks wonderful in a chunky floater frame.  If you would like a photo of it framed please email me and I will forward one to you.
Please visit my full website at:  http://janetbludau.fineartstudioonline.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin