Saturday, February 25, 2012

One Lucky Artist - Marian Fortunati Art Exhibition in San Marino, CA





Click on the link above for
additional details.
Rolling Out The Red Carpet for "One Lucky Artist"

I hope any of you who live anywhere near San Marino will join me tomorrow (Sunday, February 26th) between 2-4 to walk down the "red carpet".  I am very excited about the opening reception of my one woman show and would love it if you were able to make it to the reception.   Since it's just before all of the Academy Awards activities, I thought I'd put out my own "red carpet"... ( a red tablecloth) to get you in the mood for the Oscars.

Thirty-One of my paintings are hanging in the Crain Gallery.   This is a mix of studio paintings and plein air paintings.   Subjects are mostly landscapes, but there are some cityscapes - scenes from my travels (such as Calle Dorado) and some crazy animals are mixed in there.   I also tried to vary the size (and therefore the price range) so that people might just find something they would like to have in that special spot in their own home or office.   CLICK HERE to see all of the paintings in the show.

Opportunity Knocks
This exhibition is the result of a fun and very lucky set of circumstances.   My girlfriend, Beverly Dahlstedt formed our friendship back when we were Alpha Chi Omega Sorority sisters in college at UCSB.  She and I traveled to Europe together one summer many years ago and had a grand time.  (That was the first time.   The second time I went with another sorority sister and that's when I met my husband, Gastone.)  Beverly and I mostly communicate these days through email since she lives up in the Bay area.  Beverly gets my monthly newsletter.  A few months back, she forwarded the newsletter to another sorority sister, Sandy Morris.  Sandy is vice-chair of the Crowell Library Board of Trustees.

The Crowell Library complex was built on the site of the former San Marino Public Library.  It was the result of a huge community effort and generous donations from the San Marino City Council and former San Marino Mayor, Suzanne Crowell and her family.  The new Public Library opened on January 26, 2008.  The Art Gallery was named to honor long time Library Director, Carolyn Crain, who had championed the building of the new library, but who succumbed to cancer on May 8, 2008.

Sandy took the time to come to one of my shows and say "hi".  Later she and the board asked me if I wanted to show my work at the Crain Gallery which is inside the Library Complex.  What a terrific opportunity!!  And now it's really happening!!





THE NITTY GRITTY....        Please come by to see the show... or to see me (or both)!

One Lucky Artist - A One Woman Show 
February 26 through April 20, 2012
The reception is Sunday, February 26, 2012 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The reception is free and open to the public.
The Crain Art Gallery is located within the Crowell Public Library Complex 
1890 Huntington Dr. in San Marino, CA  91108. 
Free parking is accessible behind the building.
The phone is 626-300-0777 and website is http://sanmarinopl.org/index.html .

The Crain Art Gallery is open for art viewing Monday through Thursday and Saturday and Sunday during the following times: 
M-Th  10am-9pm
Sat       10am-5pm
Sun      1-5pm



I had a terrific time last Thursday as I was hanging the show.  It was fun chatting with people as they walked in to look.   I was thrilled to see one white-haired gentleman pull out his smart phone and scan a few of the paintings.   (I've got QR codes on the labels for quick access to the painting on my website.)   It works!!!  YAY. 
During the run of the exhibition,  I will be on hand from 10:00 to 1:30 on most Wednesdays to chat with visitors and to paint in the courtyard.  Check with the library to confirm, or just drop by to say “hi”.  

Paintings can be purchased from me during my Wednesday visits or
through my website or by contacting me.
Comment on or Share this Article >>

No comments:

LinkWithin