Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last One In -- A Palette Knife Painting - British Virgin Islands by Marian Fortunati



Last One In
© Marian Fortunati
10" x 8" Oil on RayMar Canvas

For additional details, click on
the link above.



Sometimes I just have fun playing with paint.

I used two different photo references from a trip I took aboard a 50 foot sailboat to the British Virgin Islands (The BVI) to create the sketch for this painting.   My daughter and I had soooooooo much fun on this trip!!!  It was exotic, exciting and beautiful.   It was one of those memories that will never fade.

I find that I enjoy working with a palette knife.  I suppose the more I do it, the better I'll get!  As I was creating this colorful scene, I thought it might look as exotic as the place that inspired it.


Comment on or Share this Article >>

No comments:

LinkWithin